Did You Know...
1.6 Million Women and Girls Live in San Diego
of these women:
250,000 live in poverty ~ 80,000 live in extreme poverty
84,000 women 65 and older do not have sufficient income to meet their basic needs
- 80,000 are single mothers with children under 18
- 60,000 are currently unemployed
11,500 are active duty military, 22,609 female veterans, and 50,000 more military
wives ~ many of who are of the working poor
Women Give San Diego funds and engages with San Diego nonprofits that benefit
• Low-income and Working Poor Women, including Transition Age Youth and Pregnant and Parenting Teens
• Elderly Women in economic crisis
• Victims of domestic violence, sexual expiration and human trafficking
• Immigrant, Undocumented, Unauthorized Immigrant and Refugee Women
• Military Women and Wives
The wellbeing and success of San Diego depends on the economic self-sufficiency and security of all women and girls.
Women Give San Diego advocates for the economic self-sufficiency and security of low-income women and girls in San Diego County.